Hydrogen Solutions AS (HYDS) secures all shares in Liquiline AS whereby the latter becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of HYDS.
Sunnhordland Kraftlag (SKL) and Liquiline established HYDS in February 2021 as a joint investment for the local production of green hydrogen. The company aims to develop, build, own and operate scalable hydrogen plants, and contribute to establish an infrastructure for green hydrogen in Norway. The company has two facilities under construction at Stord and Egersund. HYDS focuses on hydrogen projects aimed at the small power industry in collaboration with strong partners such as Dalane Energi AS and Småkraft AS.
To refine the venture and its branding, HYDS has acquired all shares in Liquiline. Liquiline becomes a subsidiary completely owned by HYDS with the responsibility for technology development and sales of HyProvide™ electrolysers from Green Hydrogen Systems (GHS) in Norway. This is based on the partner agreement signed with GHS in 2019. Four HyProvide™ A90 electrolysers are ready for production in Norway within short time, and several new projects are in progress.
The change means that Liquiline will be located together with HYDS at Stord. Liquiline’s current owners will have their shares in Liquiline transferred to HYDS. They will own altogether 50 % of the company, and the remaining 50 % is owned by SKL as today.
Knut Førland will continue to lead Liquiline. He will also join the management team at HYDS as Head of Business Development & Sales.
“This is a natural change to our corporate structure. The change will underpin the company’s efforts to become the leading local producer of scalable green hydrogen in Norway,” says Ove Røssland, Chairman of the HYDS’ board. He adds that the aim is to build a leading competence environment within green hydrogen at Stord, together with SKL. Moreover, the owners attach significant importance to keeping Liquiline as a strong brand within small-scale LNG, both nationally and internationally.
- Ove Røssland, Chairman, Hydrogen Solutions AS, mobile phone: 900 52 272
- Thor Henrik W. Hagen, CEO, Hydrogen Solutions AS, mobile phone: 901 71 479
- Knut Førland, Managing Director, Liquiline AS, mobile phone: 918 41 001
- Established in 2005 as a gas technology company focused on LNG and LBG.
- The company has delivered several turn-key filling stations and bunkering facilities for ships, including the bunkering facility for Fjord Line in Hirtshals, the first facility of its kind in Denmark.
- Increased investment in hydrogen since 2018/2019, and in autumn 2019 entered into a partner agreement with the Danish electrolysis supplier, Green Hydrogen Systems.
- In February 2021, established Hydrogen Solutions AS together with Sunnhordland Kraftlag.
About Hydrogen Solutions AS (HYDS):
- Established in 2021 with SKL and Liquiline as owners.
- HYDS develops, builds, owns, and operates facilities to produce green hydrogen. Our focus is on scalable plants with locally produced hydrogen.
- HYDS carries several exciting projects in its portfolio and is well underway with the construction of the first facility, which will be operational at Stord in early 2023.
- Uses commercially available and proven technology to deliver turnkey solutions.
- Has currently nine employees and is co-located with SKL at Stord.